Dundas and Clendenan
Casselman’s Block 1909, northwest corner of Dundas and Clendenan
Ave., (today’s 3106 Dundas St. W.) photographer probably Arthur Goss
Source: City of Toronto Archives, Salmon #2276-206, date acquired 1990s
Dundas Street was and is the commercial centre of the Junction. Here were the stores were Ellis and his friends bought their groceries, clothing, and other goods. Dundas Street was also the site of many of the Junction’s hotels, including some designed by James Ellis, important stops for people going to and from Toronto. These hotels also earned infamy as the debauched site of alcohol consumption prior to 1904, at which time the town banned the sale of alcohol.