Who was James Ellis?James Ellis was the premier architect of the Junction. His work defined the railway town: its schools, houses of worship, homes and civic buildings. Our tour covers the work of this remarkable architect, reflecting the social fabric of the Junction as we visit buildings he designed, knew, and frequented.
- Ellis Bio
- Stops on the Tour
- Stop 1 – Junction Commerce
- Stop 1a – Municipal Centre
- Stop 2 – Disciples of Christ Church
- Stop 3 – The Library
- Stop 3a – Victoria Presbyterian Church
- Stop 3b – Masonic Temple
- Stop 4 – Annette Street Baptist Church
- Stop 5 – 204 High Park
- Stop 6 – Humberside
- Stop 7 – Ellis and Rice
- Stop 8 – Shopping and Drinking
- Stop 9 – Congregation Knesseth Israel
- Inaugural James Ellis tour Photo Gallery
- Beyond the Walking Tour
Back to the WTJHS website
Category Archives: Uncategorized
More about James Ellis in an article from the latest WTJHS newsletter, the LEADER and RECORDER here.
The successful inaugural run of this tour took place recently! See the tour photo gallery here. Details of our route and information on what was seen here. .